Can You Gamble Online in California?
Can You Gamble Online in California?
Online gambling is one of the most popular pastimes in the USA and around the world. People love betting online on sports matches or casino games. It’s fun, it can be profitable, and can be done straight from your mobile phone.
- The only problem is that online gambling isn’t legal everywhere, especially when we talk about the USA.
- US laws on gambling have passed legislation down to state level.
- Some states allow it, others have it banned.
- If you come from California, you can safely and legally place bets online.
Is Online Gambling Legal in California 2021?
Since there are no laws that prohibit gambling online, you can safely place your bets at any poker room, sportsbook or online casino.
- You just have to be over 18 to play the lottery and over 21 for all other forms of gambling.
- Online gambling regulation is still unclear in CA, but you can play online without the fear of legal consequences.
- California is one of the US states that have expressed interest in legalizing online betting.
- A legislature exists since 2010 but has been tabled until 2018.
- Experts believe that the state might pass online betting and gambling bills this year.
If that happens, it will follow Nevada, New Jersey, Delaware, Minnesota, Mississippi, West Virginia, and Pennsylvania as the only states that allow all forms of online gambling.
Though gambling online is currently unregulated, numerous offshore betting sites accept Californians.
You can bet with relaxed and without fear that the police might knock on your door.
Keep in mind that since gambling laws are unregulated, you’ll mostly play at offshore gaming sites.
This means that you should pick a site that you know is safe and properly regulated. It also means that you don’t get any customer protections in place, so choose carefully.
How to Pick a Safe Gaming Site
You can’t just barge in an online casino or sportsbook and start playing.
- Have you checked the site’s license?
- Is it safe for you to play there?
Picking a safe online gambling site sounds easy, but you should keep in mind that there are many factors you need to pay attention to.
- First comes the license.
- A proper gaming site should have a proper license issued by a respectable governing body.
- Check out the Security section at the site you plan to register at to learn what kind of security methods it uses.
- And finally, check the payment methods – you wouldn’t want to bet at a site that accepts controversial payment methods.
Once you’re sure that everything is covered, you can start betting and enjoy all the benefits online gambling sites offer.
If you don’t know where to start, read our reviews on the safest online gaming sites that accept players from California.
How To Gamble Online In California
Choose from our list of top online offshore sportsbooks in 2021 for all your betting enjoyment and collect the generous sign up bonuses when you make your first and reload deposits.
$500 cash bonus
The BUSR Sportsbook offers US bettors horse racing action from more than 300 racetracks around the world - including all the major US racing events. If you like online betting on horses, you cannot go wrong with BUSR. Try them out today!
50% Free Play on Deposits $100 - $1000
Welcome to the YouWager Sportsbook Review. US players welcome and a choice of great bonuses including Bitcoin deposits. It's one of the longest tenured sportsbooks and also one of the best ... read on!
10X rollover & 30 day hold. The rollover is calculated on the sum of the deposit amount + the bonus + fees.
$500 max bonus given.
Take out your winnings at any time when depositing with cash. The rollover must be completed before cashing out when depositing with a non cash method.
Bonus or promotions can only be claimed at the time of the deposit.
Once taken players cannot refund or reverse this promotion until terms and conditions have been met.
All Free play and other bonus rules apply.
Management reserves the right to modify or discontinue this promotion at their discretion.
Deposit Match Up To $500
Enjoy placing your wagers against other players as a Matchbet or let it ride on the regular sportsbook. You have the choice at Matchbets and there's deposit match up to $500 bonus for all new players.
Is Bovada Legal in Michigan? All you need to know before betting at the sportsbook
Michigan is one of the 45 states in the United States where it is legal…
Texas Sports Gambling Online & the Law – Is It Legal?
Despite a large number of professional and college teams in Texas, Texas is a remaining…
Sports Gambling in Florida (and the Latest Laws)
Is sports gambling finally getting ready to launch in Florida? The current signs are certainly…
Why legalizing sports betting is good for the NCAA?
Every year, millions of Americans watch NCAA games, both from the stands and on TV,…
Is bet365 Legal in USA?
Is bet365 Legal in USA?. With the variety of online bookies available these days, it’s hard…
Is Cricket Betting Legal in the USA?
Is cricket betting legal in the USA?. You may think this as an easy question…