Can You Gamble Online in California?
Updated: May 27, 2023
Can You Gamble Online in California?
Online gambling is one of the most popular pastimes in the USA and around the world. People love betting online on sports matches or casino games. It’s fun, it can be profitable, and can be done straight from your mobile phone.
- The only problem is that online gambling isn’t legal everywhere, especially when we talk about the USA.
- US laws on gambling have passed legislation down to state level.
- Some states allow it, others have it banned.
- If you come from California, you can safely and legally place bets online.
Is Online Gambling Legal in California 2021?
Since there are no laws that prohibit gambling online, you can safely place your bets at any poker room, sportsbook or online casino.
- You just have to be over 18 to play the lottery and over 21 for all other forms of gambling.
- Online gambling regulation is still unclear in CA, but you can play online without the fear of legal consequences.
- California is one of the US states that have expressed interest in legalizing online betting.
- A legislature exists since 2010 but has been tabled until 2018.
- Experts believe that the state might pass online betting and gambling bills this year.
If that happens, it will follow Nevada, New Jersey, Delaware, Minnesota, Mississippi, West Virginia, and Pennsylvania as the only states that allow all forms of online gambling.
Though gambling online is currently unregulated, numerous offshore betting sites accept Californians.
You can bet with relaxed and without fear that the police might knock on your door.
Keep in mind that since gambling laws are unregulated, you’ll mostly play at offshore gaming sites.
This means that you should pick a site that you know is safe and properly regulated. It also means that you don’t get any customer protections in place, so choose carefully.
How to Pick a Safe Gaming Site
You can’t just barge in an online casino or sportsbook and start playing.
- Have you checked the site’s license?
- Is it safe for you to play there?
Picking a safe online gambling site sounds easy, but you should keep in mind that there are many factors you need to pay attention to.
- First comes the license.
- A proper gaming site should have a proper license issued by a respectable governing body.
- Check out the Security section at the site you plan to register at to learn what kind of security methods it uses.
- And finally, check the payment methods – you wouldn’t want to bet at a site that accepts controversial payment methods.
Once you’re sure that everything is covered, you can start betting and enjoy all the benefits online gambling sites offer.
If you don’t know where to start, read our reviews on the safest online gaming sites that accept players from California.
How To Gamble Online In California
Choose from our list of top online offshore sportsbooks in 2021 for all your betting enjoyment and collect the generous sign up bonuses when you make your first and reload deposits.
25% Cash Up To $500 1st Deposit Bonus
The Bookmaker.eu has been around since 1996 and knows a thing or two about offering great lines after all it's “Where The Line Originates”. with 24/7 Customer support, fast payouts, and a tasty 25% deposit bonus worth up to $500.
$1,000 Welcome Bonus/ Reduced Juice Odds
Join an offshore sportsbook that promotes Reduced Juice lines as it's main feature.
$1,000 Welcome Bonus
Collect a 100% bonus n your deposit of up to $1,000 free play at the ABC Islands sportsbook.
Valid for deposits of $100 or more.
The maximum amount awarded for this bonus is $1,000.
This bonus carries a 15x rollover.
Standard freeplay rules apply.
Deposits made via Credit Card are not eligible for this offer.
For more details please visit our Terms & Conditions section here.
For more information contact our 24/7 customer service.
Is Bovada Legal in California 2023?
[affiliate_link id="21081" ]Go To Bovada.lv HERE[/affiliate_link] Bovada is one of the most popular offshore online…
Is Matched Betting Legal in the US?
Is Matched betting Legal in the US? Looking for guaranteed Legal wins? Matched betting could…
Is sports betting legal in Wisconsin? What to know & Where to Bet
If you are a Wisconsin resident, you may be wondering if Wisconsin allows sports betting…
Arizona sports gambling online & the law – is it legal?
In this article, we are going to learn about sports betting online in Arizona, such…
Is Bovada Legal in Michigan? – All you need to know before betting at the sportsbook
Is Bovada Legal in Michigan? Yes, it is. [box_text]Michigan is one of the 45 states…
Texas Sports Gambling Online & the Law – Is It Legal?
Despite a large number of professional and college teams in Texas, it is still a…