Mexico online betting market grows to more than US$2 billion – 90% Goes Offshore

Mexico Online Betting

The Mexican online betting market stood at US$2 billion in the last 12 months. However, 90% of US $1.8 billion was made through unlawful online websites.

The knowledge was made public by the President of the Association of Licensees and Suppliers of Games and Draws (ASPJAC), Alfonso Pérez Lizuar.

Lizuar instructed native media El Financiero:

“The gaming business in Mexico is struggling. As a result of online gaming taking part in the bodily gaming market. At present, players favor wagering online compared to land-based casinos.

As a result, they are kept away from paying taxes.” Government-sanctioned betting by way of legally authorized websites presently makes up only 10% of all market revenues. Compare this to the land-based casinos which make up the remaining 90%”.

The upward development in direction of online betting was confirmed in line with knowledge from the National Institute of Statistics and Geography (INEGI). Gambling revenue grew by a median of six per cent from January to August 2017. Whereas gaming online noticed a 21% improvement in the same interval.

The newest statistics present that playing by way of offshore betting websites has grown considerably since 2015. According to The Mexican Operators and Providers for the Entertainment and Gaming Industry (AIEJA), the scale of the net market already stood at US$300m in 2015.

In March 2016 members of the gaming business in Mexico urged lawmakers to manage online gaming rapidly. This as a consequence of the revelation that the market was being targeted by offshore operators.

Lack of presidency management was, they argued, resulting in a progress of unlawful gaming particularly amongst minors. This was making it the fastest-growing online gaming market in Latin America.

Mexico online betting has been permitted by way of a special license in Mexico since 2000. However only land based operators have been allowed to offer their companies domestically. The progress of casino-style gaming has led to an elevated curiosity in Mexico online betting. This opportunity is being pushed by sports online betting as well.

As a consequence, plenty of international operators have signed agreements with licensed land primarily based operators in Mexico who've been granted permission to supply online games by the Interior Ministry (SEGOB).

One of the best known offshore betting sites to move into the Mexican online presence is Bovada.

Our #1 Ranked Mexico online betting sites

Nitrobetting Review Nitrobetting Review
5 / 5

100% Welcome Deposit Bonus Up To m₿25

Get DealGet Deal
18+T&C's apply
18+ only. Full terms and conditions apply.
Betwhale ag Betwhale ag
5 / 5

125% Welcome Deposit Bonus Up To $1,250

Get DealGet Deal
18+T&C's apply
18+ only. 125% deposit bonus for sports. Bonus terms: minimal deposit - $50, Wagering x10(deposit+bonus), no max CO, minimal odd until wagering is met is -200 (1.5 decimal), valid only for the 1st deposit
3 Review Review
5 / 5

125% Welcome Deposit Bonus Up To $625

Placing wagers at comes with its own thrilling perks. As a new member, you'll be greeted with a generous welcome bonus to kick-start your winning streak. These guys obvioulsy believe in rewarding their loyal players, which is why they offer ongoing promotions and exclusive rewards. Prepare to take advantage of incredible offers that will enhance your gameplay and make every bet count.

Get DealGet Deal
18+T&C's apply
18+. Wintoro reserves the right to change or alter the Terms and Conditions of any promotion at any time without notice.
All free plays bonuses expire in 45 days or less unless otherwise stated. Any unused free plays will disappear from your account.
Free Play Bonuses are for straight wagers only. Players can not use them on Casino, Racebook, or Live Betting.
Rollovers must be completed before requesting a payout.
Some players may not qualify for a Wintoro bonus.
Casino Action, Live Wagering, eSports, Horse Action, Asian Handicapping, Soccer Under bets, Propositions, Matchups, Futures, and Push or Cancelled wagers DO NOT count towards the Welcome, 25% Cash, Refer a Friend, or Reload Bonus rollovers. No sports wagers count towards the casino bonus or horse rebate rollovers.
BetUS Bonus BetUS Bonus
5 / 5

125% Sign-Up Bonus up to $3,125 on your first deposit + Up to 30 risk-free bets

BetUS Welcomes 2024 with an Incredible Sign Up Bonus for Sports and Casino betting.

Get DealGet Deal
18+T&C's apply
Full Terms and Conditions Apply. 18+
Andy nelson owner of

Andy Nelson

Andy has been writing and posting about offshore sportsbooks for over 15 years. He's also an active sportsbook bonus seeker and seasoned online gambler on US sports.

Relevant news