NJ Sportsbooks Saw Record Half A Billion Dollars In Wagers In November
New Jersey surpassed half a billion dollars in wagers for the first time in its brief history of legal sports betting.
The state saw more than $562 million in bets placed online and at NJ sportsbooks. The all-time high in NJ came last month, with $488 million in handle.
More data on NJ sports betting…
- By way of comparison, Nevada saw $581 million in wagers in November 2018. November 2019 numbers in Nevada are not yet out.
- We also know that more than 86% of the record amount bet in NJ came online.
- NJ online sports betting sites have now generated more than billion in wagers for 2019 for New Jersey.
Still FanDuel, DraftKings and everyone else
The two daily fantasy operators turned sportsbooks still dominate the online NJ sports betting market.
- The operators under the Meadowlands license — FanDuel Sportsbook and PointsBet Sportsbook — combined to generate $12.2 million in revenue. Legal Sports Report understands that the vast majority of that numbers comes from FanDuel.
- The operators under Resorts’ license — DraftKings Sportsbook, FoxBet and Resorts‘ own sportsbook — combined for $9.1 million in revenue. Again, DraftKings accounts for the lion’s share of that number.
- Only two other licensees (Borgata and Monmouth Park) cracked seven figures of revenue in November.
Overall, the state generated $33 million in revenue, retail and online combined.
Betting by sport in NJ
Almost a full year of data has provided some interesting nuggets about how people bet in NJ
With one month to go, the most money bet in 2019 has been on basketball, at $806 million. Football is next at $718 million, followed by baseball at $698 million.
Interestingly, the “other” category is the biggest in the state, at just over a billion dollars. That includes all other sports like golf, tennis, soccer and auto racing. The volume for those sports is higher than we’ve seen in the Nevada market to date.
The Tar Heel Turf: The Evolving Landscape of North Carolina Sports Betting (Updated for January 6, 2024)
NC sports betting update January 2024: The Tar Heel State is in the midst of…
The Expansion of Sports Betting Apps: States That Have Legalized it by 2024
Sports betting has experienced a significant surge in popularity in recent years. With the convenience…
Sports Betting Laws by State
Sports betting has grown immensely in popularity over the last decade, becoming a billion-dollar industry…
Is Bovada Legal in California 2024?
Is Bovada Legal in California? Yes, Bovada is legal in California because it is an…
Is Matched Betting Legal in the US?
Is Matched betting Legal in the US? Looking for guaranteed Legal wins? Matched betting could…
Is sports betting legal in Wisconsin? What to know & Where to Bet
If you are a Wisconsin resident, you may be wondering if Wisconsin allows sports betting…