BUSR Horse Racing sportsbook Review
BUSR.ag Review of Sportsbook.
The Bet USRacing (BUSR.ag) Sportsbook was launched just six years back, but it has made giant strides in the online sports betting world, especially in certain sports such as horse racing.
Side by side, BUSR has ensured that the technology and support it provides will create the most enjoyable experience possible for bettors around the world, including the US.
We review BUSR’s capabilities and attractions below.
About the BUSR Sportsbook
BUSR was originally formed in 2014 and licensed in Curacao in 2015. It has been providing online betting options to bettors in Europe and the Americas (including the United States) ever since.
BUSR has received awards such as a 96% Gold Medal Performance Rating by Zendesk in 2020 and has been cited by premier publications and channels such as the New York Times, Sports Illustrated, Newsweek and ESPN.
The sportsbook has established a reputation covering about 300 races around the globe – with a focus on horse racing, but also including harness and greyhound racing. They cover all major horse races in the US. Recently, BUSR has began to promote title fights.
They also provide polling data on US elections (in partnership with UNLV Lee Business School).
Check out the section below on how to identify a good sportsbook.
Rating a Sportsbook – BUSR Checks the Boxes
All good sportsbooks should score well on the basis of some standard features. Unfortunately, there are online betting sites that are not totally legit or above board, so the checks below should be undertaken.
- Reputation – To start with, the sportsbook should be licensed to operate in the country that its operating. Second, they should have positive reviews within the industry. Negative reviews, sanctions or legal actions should raise a red flag.
- Optimum Site Design – The best sites are those that do not look clunky and react slowly. Besides speed, the information should be arranged in a way that all the information on betting including the specific games and the lines are conveniently and quickly accessible.
- Technology – Modern sportsbooks should have mobile apps, and also be accessible via desktop or tablets.
- Ease of Banking – This feature encompasses a few things. First, the deposits and withdrawals should be fast and easy (without artificially high limit requirements or excessive fees). Additionally, all of the normal transaction methods (wire, ACH transfer, credit cards, cryptocurrency etc.) should be available for bettors.
- Betting Options and Lines – The range of games that are offered for betting is important, as are the betting odds offered. Some sportsbooks may specialize in specific sports as well – such as BUSR with horse and other types of racing.
- Live Betting – This has become an essential feature of top-class sportsbooks.
- Promotions and Offers – All good sportsbooks will offer joining bonuses, free bets, risk free bets and special offers. Odds boosts are also growing in popularity.
- Customer Service – Regardless of its reputation and other features, answering questions and resolving disputes quickly and efficiently are absolute musts for a good sportsbook.
As their 96% Zendesk rating shows, BUSR provides excellent customer satisfaction. They cover most of the bases in terms of the above criteria.
How Do You Check This Out?
This is easy in the social media age. Here are a few tips:
- Any good sportsbook will list licensing information on their site and its easy to check out.
- Read industry and peer reviews to check for both positive and negative reviews:
- Positive reviews should alert you about the features that you may like, or promotions or events you should watch out for.
- Negative reviews should worry you unless they seem to refer to features you do not care about.
- Go onto the site and look through it – most good sportsbooks will grant you access to most areas of the site, just short of actually placing a wager.
- Call customer service if you have a problem – you might as well kick the tires to see how helpful they are.
Typical Bets on Horse Racing in the US
The typical bets on horse racing that are offered in the US include the following types, divided by either single race or multiple races.
Out of the below, win, place and show bets are called straight bets, the rest are called exotic.
|Type of Bet||What is Needed to Win|
|Win||Bet on the horse that wins|
|Place||Bet on a horse to place first or second|
|Show||Bet on a horse to place within the first three spots|
|Across the Board||Place three separate bets, each horse to win, place or show|
|Exacta, Perfecta, Exactor||Pick two horses to place first and second, in exact order of placement|
|Trifecta||Pick three horses to place first, second and third, in exact order of placement|
|Superfacta||Pick four horses to place first, second, third and fourth, in exact order of placement|
|Box||A bet that any of the permutations within an exacta, trifecta or superfecta bet with hit. For example, if you pick three horses for a trifecta, you will need to bet on all 6 permutations which represent any of the three horses placing first, any of the other two horses placing second and the remaining horse placing third|
|Duet||Pick two horses to place among first, second and third places in any order|
|Super 5||For 8-horse races, you can pick the top 5 horses in exact order|
|Type of Bet||What is Needed to Win|
|Double||Pick the winners of two successive doubles – could be the Daily Double (the first two races) or the Last Double (the last two races)|
|Triple (Pick 3)||Predict the winners of three successive races|
|Quadrella||Predict the winners of four successive races|
|Pick 6||While this usually involves picking the winner of six successive races, variations are possible. For example, a Place Pick 9 could be to pick horses in nine consecutive races but allowing each horse to place either first or second.|
A jackpot is a progressive bet popular in the US. This combines the hardest bet categories – the Super 5 and the Pick 6 – to create a pool that is paid out in one of three ways:
- To any person who is the single winner of one of the bets above on a given day.
- If there is no single winner, a consolation prize is paid to multiple winners and the main money continues to grow in the jackpot.
- A mandatory jackpot is paid on the last day of the season.
BUSR Horse Betting Coverage and Lines
BUSR provides non-parimutuel wagering on horse racing – thoroughbreds and harness – for some 300 tracks around the world, including the US, UK, Australia, Hong Kong and Japan.
Non-parimutuel betting means that you are getting paid according to fixed odds that are put out by the tracks ahead of the events for win, place or show wagers.
For exotic bets, the house has the option to cap payouts according to their rules.
The odds are known at the time of placing the wager, as opposed to parimutuel bets which can only be determined after betting closes, since the payouts are done proportionately from the total pool of bets placed minus a house cut.
Customer Service at BUSR
As the 96% customer satisfaction rating by Zendesk shows, customer service is a key focus of BUSR: Some points to note:
- Customer support agents at BUSR.ag are located in Costa Rica.
- Agents can be reached using a variety of options, including:
- Live chat
- Email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Telephone (1-844-BET-HORSES from the US), or
- Social media.
BUSR pays out according to track odds (non-parimutuel) as opposed to paying out from the complete betting pool.
BUSR does not pay out instantly, though BUSR strives to pay out accounts in good standing and with adequate balances within a 24-hour period. Payments can be requested within 8 AM to 2 PM Eastern on every day of the week.
Some of the common payout schedules are as follows:
- For International Bank Wires:
- $100-500 – $15 Fee (up to 2 days review, 5-7 days processing)
- $500.01-5,000 – $35 Fee (up to 2 days review, 5-7 days processing)
- For E-checks:
- $50-200 – $5 Fee (up to 2 days review, 10-15 days processing)
- $201-250 – $15 Fee (up to 2 days review, 10-15 days processing)
- For Bitcoin:
- $25-5,000 – No Fee (up to 2 days Review, 1 day processing)
The amounts and procedures may change.
BUSR Bonus and Promotional Offers
BUSR offers many promos and bonus offers for US bettors, including the ones outlined below:
- Multiple types of welcome bonuses to choose from after your first deposit, such as:
- $500 cash bonus
- Up to $1,250 bonus to bet with on cryptocurrency deposits
- Up to $2,500 casino bonus.
- Exclusive Racebook bonuses besides the welcome bonuses, including:
- $250 reload bonus on horses, and
- 8% horse rebate
There may be other offers for special events and the offers listed above may change from time to time.
For a current list of allowances and restrictions, visit https://busr.ag/rules-regulations and review the relevant sections, including those pertaining to:
- General Bonus
- Non-deposit Bonuses
- Cash Bonuses
- Free Play and Free Wager Rules and Restrictions
- Cashing Out Bonuses, and
- Casino Bonus Eligibility.
Is BUSR Sportsbook Legit?
BUSR is owned by Duranbah Limited N.V., which is registered under the Curacao Chamber of Commerce and Industry (Registration Number 136365). It has offices in the UK and Central America. Customer service operates out of Costa Rica.
The sportsbook has gained a strong reputation in the marketplace through its performance and partnerships, as well as providing reliable election poll data in partnership with Lee Business School of UNLV. As its various awards and affiliations demonstrate, they are totally legit.
BUSR is safe and secure, an industry leader in certain areas of sports betting such as horse racing and is very focused on customer service.
You will not be disappointed with BUSR.
BUSR Sportsbook Overall Evaluation
As you would expect, the pros greatly outweigh the cons for an industry leader like BUSR:
- Excllent welcome bonuses, reloads and daily rebates (e.g., 20% bonus up to $500, 8% Daily Horse Rebate)
- No limits on deposits
- Supports over 300 racetracks around the globe, including all major US races
- Offers for Live Dealer Casino
- One balance covers all betting
- Fast, friendly interface and mobile technology
- Excellent customer service
- Outstanding reputation and reliability
- BUSR cannot operate in many countries outside Europe and the Americas – check their website for details
- Low sportsbook limits
- Focused on certain sports and events
- The payouts may take up to longer than one day to process
For all horse racing afficionados resident in the US, BUSR will provide you with the biggest span of horse racing action from the major racing markets around the world. Bet with them on your favorite US races but go international if you choose.
Customer satisfaction lies at the core of the sportsbook’s mission. They will do everything in their power to ensure enjoyment all around. Don’t wait, try them out today!