The year’s NFL online betting action kicks off in September and everyone is anxiously awaiting the Atlanta Falcons vs. Minnesota Vikings contest. The Falcons are coming off a disappointing season and are hopeful they can rise up this time around. Similarly, the Vikings missed out on the postseason but know they have the talent to crack the playoffs. So what kind of turnout can sports betting fans expect out of this Week 1 contest?
Atlanta Falcons vs. Minnesota Vikings – Sunday, September 8th
|When:||1:00 pm ET|
|Where:||US Bank Stadium, Minneapolis, Minnesota|
|Stream:||Fox Sports Go, NFL Game Pass|
— Atlanta Falcons (@AtlantaFalcons) July 18, 2019
Atlanta Falcons vs. Minnesota Vikings Betting Odds
|Falcons||+4 (-115)||47½ (-115)||–|
|Vikings||-4 (-105)||47½ (-105)||–|
The Falcons turned in a 7-9 record that saw them finish 2nd in the NFC South behind the 13-3 New Orleans Saints. All in all, it was a massive step down from the 10-6 record the team had delivered the previous season. Nevertheless, the Falcons have enough talent to be a dangerous team in the NFC South next season. Most of Atlanta’s 2018 problems can be chalked up to a poor offense that struggled with consistency all season long. In their 6 losses on the year, Atlanta failed to score more than 17-points. If the Falcons can find more explosiveness on offense this upcoming season, they shouldn’t have too hard of a time securing a spot in the postseason.
Players to Watch: Matt Ryan (4,924 passing yards, 35 TD, 7 INT), Ito Smith (315 rushing yards, 4 TD, 1 F), and Julio Jones (1,677 receiving yards, 8 TD, 2 F).
The Vikings finished the 2018 online NFL betting season with an 8-7-1 record that saw them finish 2nd in the NFC North behind the Chicago Bears. Despite the fact that they came off a season in which they made an NFC Championship appearance, the Vikings failed to even make the playoffs. This was a massive letdown for the franchise since they put up a pretty penny to acquire Kirk Cousins. Once the Vikings acquired Cousins, the sportsbook community was pretty quick to question the decision. Seeing as how things turned out, it’s clear fans were right to question the decision.
Players to Watch: Kirk Cousins (4,298 passing yards, 30 TD, 10 INT), Dalvin Cook (615 rushing yards, 2 TD, 2 F), and Adam Thielen (1,373 receiving yards, 9 TD, 113 REC).
Atlanta Falcons vs. Minnesota Vikings Betting Numbers
- The TOTAL has gone OVER in 5 of Atlanta’s last 6 games played in September.
- The TOTAL has gone OVER in 5 of Atlanta’s last 7 games against an opponent in the NFC North division.
- 2-4 ATS in their last 6 games against an opponent in the NFC conference.
- 3-11 SU in their last 14 games when playing on the road against Minnesota.
- 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games on the road.
- 1-4-1 ATS in their last 6 games against Minnesota.
- The TOTAL has gone UNDER in 5 of Minnesota’s last 6 games.
- The TOTAL has gone UNDER in 4 of Minnesota’s last 5 games at home.
- 11-3 SU in their last 14 games when playing at home against Atlanta.
- 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games played in week 1.
- 9-2 SU in their last 11 games against an opponent in the NFC South division.
Atlanta Falcons vs. Minnesota Vikings Betting Picks
So which side should legal betting fans take in this Atlanta Falcons vs. Minnesota Vikings matchup? All things considered, the Vikings at home are probably the better pick. They’re coming off a tough season and will want to make a statement at home. Sign up today to make your online betting prediction!
Score Prediction: 28-21 Minnesota.